General Motors Technical Operations Specialist - MAN0019522 in Baltimore, Maryland
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
At the new General Motors,we are passionate about designing, building and selling the world’s bestvehicles. This vision unites us as a team each and every day and is thehallmark of our customer-driven culture. Making the world’s best vehiclescan only happen with the world’s greatest employees. GM is in the process ofreinventing our industry with innovative products like the Chevy Volt andOnStar. Our 202,000 employees work in 158 facilities touching sixcontinents, they speak more than 50 languages and touch 23 time zones.From designing and engineering state-of-the-art plants and developing newvehicles and technologies to creating new marketing programs, our team membersare valued for their unique contributions. We are seeking individuals whoare looking to make a difference in one of the world’s most iconiccompanies.
Responsible for design, development, testing, and control of major engineering projects involving tools; equipment, plant and manufacturing processes in a centralized manufacturing engineering activity where a considerable amount of creativity and initiative is exercised as well as a high level of independent judgment. The project engineer may supervise or exercise technical direction over other engineers or engineering support personnel with specific engineering objectives.
The TOS will:
- Provide technical support in a complex production assembly environment.
- Technical SME (Subject Matter Expert) advising on planning and scheduling predictive, preventative, and reactive maintenance activities.
- Define the Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) standardized work task and ensure the technical enablers are available to support production operations.
- Support all production operators, systems & tools to enable the production organization to own the process and achieve all throughput and uptime targets
- Assume mechanical and electrical responsibilities for all Plant Floor Systems (PFS).
- Maintain, troubleshoot and perform tasks on all equipment
- Organize, plan and execute maintenance and process projects including process system upgrades and new installations (design, build & debug as required).
- Support weekend and off-shift needs as required
- Advise on planning, scheduling and execution of maintenance activities in support of Total Productive Maintenance process (TPM) including TPM driver for operator maintenance, technical maintenance and design for reliability and maintainability activities.
- Support TPM process implementing all technical training requirements to ensure technical proficiency of the workforce
- Implement and maintain a detailed change control process emphasizing documentation and communication
- Champion point of use cribs, locations, parts, inventory and replenishing process. Also indirect material process (spare parts) champion.
- Institute 100% GMS Compliance, BPD process, and the global BUGM process.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, FMEA and PFMEA workshops.
- Knowledge and ability to lead Throughput Improvement Process (TIP) and Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) to attain maximum Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) required
- Strong knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems including: Electricity and Electronics, Controls and Instrumentation, Programmable Logic Control (PLC), Robotics, Mechanical Drives and Power Transmission Systems, Fluid Power and Pneumatics
- Working knowledge of process equipment operations, sequence, error proofing and diagnostic capabilities required
- General knowledge of Preventative Maintenance and Predictive Maintenance principles, Blueprint Reading/schematics and welding.
- Ability to grasp complex systems easily
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
- Detailed planner achieving objectives through active listening and customer focus
- Ability to multitask in a highly flexible environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to work well with others
- Strong computer skills
- Strong knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems including: Electricity and Electronics, Controls and Instrumentation, Programmable Logic Control (PLC), Robotics, Mechanical Drives and Power Transmission Systems, Fluid Power and Pneumatics.
- General PM and Predictive Maintenance principles, Blueprint Reading/Schematics and Welding.
- Hands on Mechanically and Electrically inclined. Grasp complex systems easily.
- Experience supervising in union environment
Education and Training
- Bachelor'sdegree or equivalent experience
Location: Baltimore CET 10301 Philadelphia Road, White Marsh, MD 21162