General Motors Sr. Web UI Developer - INF0018641 in Austin, Texas
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP NOW OR IN THE FUTURE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Location: Austin, TX, Phoenix, AZ and Atlanta, GA
About the General Motors Sales and Marketing IT team:
GM’s Sales and Marketing IT team innovates and drives business value with systems that help GM deliver consistent messaging, transactions and services. The Sales and Marketing IT team is responsible for developing and delivering solutions leveraging a wide array of systems architectures and technical platforms. Our industry leading developers, engineers, testers and architects work closely with internal teams and dealers to deliver the world’s best customer experience.
About the role:
Sr. UI Web Developer
We are looking for several rock star Sr. UI Developers who overflowwith curiosity and still fit their head in the door. You will be a part of a team responsible for building for generating creating the next generation of consumer web interaction while also supporting Social Marketing Campaigns globally. This opportunity favors individuals who are not afraid to collaborate with UX designers, graphic designers, back-end software engineers and within your own team. The ideal candidate is aware of web technology trends, familiar with browser compatibility nuances; as well as - eager to apply the latest tools and techniques to enable an engaging experience to consumers across the globe.
- Minimum6 years of hands on development experience
- Experience working with LESS and/or SASS
- Ability to convert layered design files into functional, styled web pages and flows
- Proven experience creating responsive design templates and mobile web applications
- Experience implementing client side of consumer social and transaction oriented web applications
- Experience integrating with web services
- Experience with website performance tuning and aware of popular available tools
- Functional and Unit tests are your best friends
- Passion for UX and improving usability while creating WCAg AA or AAA compliant web applications
- Experience working with Node.js and Angular.js
- Strong interest in learning about or exploring the latest technologies
- Scrum and/or Kanban experience and ability to lead stand-ups
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.