General Motors Software Engineer - INF0018906 in Austin, Texas
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
The Tools Team is seeking an experienced engineer with a drive to work with leading-edge technology. The engineer will help extend the implementation of an HPE-based Configuration Management Database solution within General Motors. The person in this role will help design and implement management data repository integrations within the enterprise Configuration Management System for General Motors. They will actively work with other application and system architects and engineers to design and implement data synchronization integrations using IBM DataStage, Oracle Database, and HPe uCMDB native and custom adapters. The person in this role will also work on next-generation application platforms and help design how these platforms integrate into the CMDB, balancing the instantaneous, transactional update needs of containerization and microservices platforms and technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, etc., with the batch-mode needs of traditional, large, monolithic asset management repositories containing millions of records.
If the prospect of working on Configuration Management and Discovery within one of the largest, most complex organizations and environments in the world is intriguing to you, this is a rare opportunity. Please apply if you desire to join a team in the midst of a sweeping transformation, and to contribute to extending an impressive foundational element of GM IT’s foray into cutting edge devops and containerization capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline preferred or equivalent experience
- 3+ years information technology experience in a large scale commercial enterprise
- Basic core java development experience
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification or extensive experience working within the ITIL framework
- Ensures that all the assigned deliverables are completed on time and with impeccable quality
- Provides timely support in troubleshooting defects and providing resolutions
- Supports production deployment and project go-live tasks
- Actively participates in team meetings and collaborates with other team members to carry out project deliverables
- Must be flexible in approach and possess a proven track record for delivering results and the ability to adapt to a rapid development cycle
- 3+ years core java development experience
- Experience with CIM and CMDB schemas
- Experience with HPe uCMDB or another configuration management suite
- 3+ years IBM DataStage experience or other ETL frameworks
- Some experience with uCMDB Discovery or other discovery solutions
- Some knowledge of containerization concepts and technologies.
- 3+ years Oracle Database experience
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, call 866-583-8151 or email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.