General Motors Software Development Associate - INF0018936 in Austin, Texas
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
About the role:
Are you driven by learning new technologies and getting in on the ground floor of a brand new team excites you?
The Tools Team is seeking an experiencedJava developer with a drive to work with leading edge technology.TheJava Developer will help drive the implementation of an open sourceconfiguration management implementation being developed within General Motors.The role will help design and implement functional workflow using OracleApplication Development framework along with orchestration tools such as HPOperations orchestration and Microsoft systems center orchestrator. This rolewill actively work with architects and product managers to design and implementUser Interface and Application business logic layer to instrument systemsmanagement and configuration management tasks leveraging technologies such asChef and IBM BigFix.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline preferred or equivalent experience
- 3+ years information technology experience in a large scale commercial enterprise
- Strong core java development experience
- Knowledge of Weblogic 11g/12c or higher
- Translates business requirements into technical design and prepares MD70 documents as per AIM methodologies
- Ensures that all coding complies with Enterprise Standards and adheres to development guidelines
- Ensures that all the assigned deliverables are completed on time and with impeccable quality
- Provides timely support in troubleshooting defects and providing resolutions
- Supports production deployment and project go-live tasks
- Actively participate in team meetings and collaborates with other team members to carry out project deliverables
- Must be flexible in approach and a proven track record for delivering results and the ability to adapt to a rapid development cycle
- Experience integrating ADF solutions with Web services
- Experience with deployment and debugging using Weblogic admin console
- Familiarity with TFS, Eclipse
- Strong java developer with extensive background in building and deploying application on Weblogic and Oracle SOA
- Design and Implement User Interface and Application business logic layer using JSF, ADF Faces, ADF Task flows and ADF BC4J technologies
- Working knowledge of Oracle BPM implementations, designing flows and building interfaces between flows and ADF screens
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, call 866-583-8151 or email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.