General Motors Senior Software Developer - Urban Active/Maven - INF0018221 in Austin, Texas
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP NOW OR IN THE FUTURE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
About the Urban Active Development Team at General Motors:
Our Urban Active Development team is responsible for developingthe next generation of Urban Transportation solutions. Members of our teams include industry-leading developers, architects, and designers who use a variety of innovative development methodologies and technologies to achieve breakthrough results, drive innovation and delight customers.
About the Senior Software Developer role:
The Urban Active Senior Software Developer will be responsible for new innovative application development and support including estimation, analysis, design, programming, unit/integration testing and code debugging.This person will work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional, and Agile environment and will assume a key role for various newsolutions within GM’s Car/Ride Sharing business. This person will…
Quickly design and develop new code
Estimate, and design for small increments of work…just-in-time
Perform root cause analysis, technology evaluation, and quick prototypes
Commit to completing well-defined work and deliver on those commitments
Report status of assigned software development and/or maintenance tasks
Consistently follow the specified software development methodology
- Promote improvements in programming practices such as acceptance test driven development, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
Prospective candidates possess a high degree of business insight, creativity, decision making skills, a drive for results, the ability to negotiate, the ability to develop peer relationships, and a strong technical learning capability.
- Experience with Agile teams that have delivered software while practicing code review
- Strong understanding of HTTP/CSS/REST/API architectures
- Proven experience as a full stack developer utilizing multiple development languages such as .NET, Java, PHP, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Proven experience diagnosing infrastructure issues such as network and database
- 4+ years Application development utilizing industry standard design patterns
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative problem solving skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
- Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
- Needs good work ethic and strong sense of ownership of end result
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or, equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
- 2+ years leveraging Microservices and Continuous Integration and Delivery
- 2+ years utilizing cloud technologies and capabilities
- 4+ years REST driven development
- 4+ years as a full stack developer utilizing multiple development languages such as .NET, Java, PHP, Ruby, Python, etc.
- 6+ years software development experience
- 4+ years utilizing industry standard DB technologies
- Experience using Git source control
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, call 866-583-8151 or email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.