General Motors Senior IT Software Design Engineer - INF0018482 in Austin, Texas
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Austin, Texas, Detroit, Michigan, OR Chandler, Arizona
About the General Motors Customer Care and Aftersales IT Team:
Our Software Development team supports the creation and enhancement of some of the industry’s most innovative and complex systems. This team develops and delivers software solutions to GM customers, dealers, and employees across the globe. Members of this team include industry-leading developers, architects, and designers who use various innovative development methodologies and technologies to successfully deliver solutions, drive business results, and increase customer satisfaction.
About the Role:
A GM Customer Care and Aftersales Senior IT Architect is responsible and accountable for the quality and coding of software components that make up complex systems serving GM’s customers and dealer technicians. The Senior IT Architect role will be responsible for delivering from concept to strategy / development stage of automotive software systems that interact with GM vehicles. The role will also be responsible for designing and leading the development of automotive software systems that would include lower level software stacks. The Senior IT Architect role will collaborate cross-functionally with marketing, engineering, and auto car dealershipsto result in a product software architecture that will meet the line of businesses requirements for auto software product leadership. This role will involve close interaction with the Development Team Leaders, business team members and other members of the development team and will demand a high level of design and coding to implement and deliver enhancements. There will be ample opportunities to quickly expand on your technical experience, with plenty of business exposure. Senior IT Architect will provide leadership and technical expertise to enable multi-layered solution architectures that comprehend and specify business, application, data and infrastructure designs. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a passion for technology and a desire to have exposure to, and learn more about the systems that support GM Customers and Vehicles.
- 8-10 years’ of experience in embedded development with robotics, real-time controls, or system software
- Extensive experience creating, presenting, and refining clear, compelling technical specifications from top-level system architecture documents down to low-level implementation guides and test plans
- System-level software development experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced, collaborative environment
- 8+ years’ of experience in C, C++
- Previous experience developing embedded applications
- 8+ years’ of experience designing embedded software systems
- Must be able to define key features, programs and diagnostic tools within the scope of project
- Must be able to show a proven track record as a visionary that can also define scope and execute to delivery in previous roles
- Degree in field appropriate discipline or the equivalent in experience
- Must have a proven track record of working with IPs’.
BS, MS or PhD in CS or CE
Strong preference given to candidates with automotive experience
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.