General Motors Senior IT Security Engineer (Global Manufacturing & Quality) - INF0018469 in Austin, Texas
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
The Senior IT Security Engineer (Global Manufacturing & Quality)links GM’s Information Security Architectural standards to the development and deployment of world-class applications that support manufacturing the world's best vehicles.This role will focus on engaging and influencing IT and business Development Architecture teams to ensure that security is infused into the development process to seamlessly deliver secure applications.
Position Description and Key Responsibilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
- Lead major IT cyber security initiatives for Global Manufacturing and Quality
- Implement security controls for all relevant manufacturing systems globally to meet the requirements ofcorporate security policy
- Engage and influence IT teams responsible for delivering secure applications (cloud, mobile, traditional)
- Provide application security advice to development teams
- Assist and guide project teams to meet app. security expectations or develop acceptable alternatives
- Assist and guide Vertical Security Architects that have identified any gaps in existing application security infrastructure to meet project requirements, work with the project teams identify and roadmap solutions
- Review vulnerability scanning reports and assist teams in developing remediation plans
* Preferred Qualifications: *
- Understand cloud security concerns and mitigation options
- Understand the dynamics of securing a virtual work environment
- Knowledge of Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell).
- Knowledge of configuration management tools such as CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
- Expertise in building application level Security, Risk and Privacy controls into cloud applications
- Ability to define, document and present security architecture principles, requirements and strategy plans
- Flexibility to learn new technologies or concepts quickly to adapt and adjust to the changing Application Security landscape
- Possess significant knowledge of Application Security, Web Application Design, Secure design/Usage of API's (REST and SOAP) Information Security, Databases, Common Coding practices (both good and bad) and IT Infrastructure design
- Experience with technology components or platforms in the Open Source and DevOps environment and may include many of the following; Java, C#, Python, Ruby, AWS, Docker , Scala, Kubernetes, Node.js, JQuery
- Mobile application development and authentication (OAuth, JSON Web Token (JWT)
- Application Security & Secure Coding including: Input Validation, Output Encoding, Authentication and Password Management, Session Management, Access Control, Cryptographic Practices, Error Handling and Logging, Data Protection, Communication Security, System Configuration, Database Security, File Management, Memory Management, & General Secure Coding Practices
- Practical experience in the Information Security Architecture field, with emphasis on application security architecture and authorization approaches (role-based access control, direct entitlements-based)
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.