General Motors Senior IT Portfolio Analyst - INF0017516 in Austin, Texas
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
About the General Motors Global Portfolio Management Office
The Global Portfolio Management Office (GPMO) team is a function within the Office of the CIO. The team is responsible for defining and driving the processes and practices to plan and manage the execution of the portfolio of IT projects in which GM has invested resources and dollars.This is a critical function to ensure that the company’s substantial investment in the IT function delivers the expected return.The GPMO team directly supports the Office of the CIO and works with the extended IT planning network across the entire IT organization to support the IT Leadership team.
About the role
The GPMO Senior IT Portfolio Analyst is responsible for defining and driving the maturation of best in class portfolio management and related capabilities across the GM Information Technology (GM IT) function.
Eligible candidates must have:
Strong leadership, relationship management and negotiation capabilities including:
Demonstrated experience leading teams to deliver extraordinary outcomes
- Demonstrated track record of influencing up and across to deliver programs or large projects in a matrix environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent self-management skills
- Experience leveraging formal and informal networks to achieve results
Excellent problem solving capability
Demonstrated ability to translate ambiguous requests into roadmaps, proposals, requirements or action plans
- Solid analysis skills, with the capability to quickly transform data into information suitable for executive decision making
- Demonstrated consistency in verifying results of own or others’ work using related data points (i.e., proficient in triangulation, sanity checks and fact checks)
- Proven ability to gather and interpret complex quantitative or qualitative data
Demonstrated capability to drive organizational change
Exhibits creativity and situation relevant idea generation
- Track record of sound judgment and appropriate risk taking
- Experience developing implementation strategies, communication plans, education materials, etc. necessary for large scale change
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop and manage presentations intended to convey concepts and information to targeted audiences
Established track record of thriving and succeeding in highly dynamic, short timeline environment
Experience maintaining composure in high stress and/or tight deadline situations
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering results and exhibiting resiliency in times of failure
- Adaptable to changes in work environment (e.g., role w/in team, work assignments, reporting relationships, etc.)
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and at least 10 years of experience in the IT function
At least 15 years of experience in the Information Technology function or another horizontal business function (e.g., Finance)
Top Candidates will also have:
- An understanding of the mechanics, principles and intent of In Depth Portfolio Management Concepts (i.e., portfolio characteristics, time management, resource management, reporting, resource planning, analytics, prioritization, trade-offs, budgeting and scenario based planning)
- Solid understanding of project management fundamentals and software development lifecycles
- Proficiency with analysis/reporting tools
- 10+ years hands-on experience as a program manager or senior project manager
- Experience defining, implementing and refining metrics (both lagging and leading KPIs)