HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Painter - Full-Time in Austin, Texas
Position Summary: Under supervision of the Vice President for Corporate Services, performs a variety of routine to skilled general wall repair, touch-ups and painting of the facility. Ensures the safety, care and comfort of staff and patients. Sets an example in professionalism and workmanship.
Participates in providing patient specific care standards as directed, and follows service excellence standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Performs preventive maintenance on hospital interiors.
· Completes all assigned preventive maintenance in accordance with the specifications by Painting Supervisor.
· Completes all assigned preventive maintenance within the time period allocated by the Painting Supervisor
· Promptly advised Facilities Directors of detected need for corrective maintenance.
· Executes miscellaneous work orders as required.
· Completes work orders in time period that compares with productivity standards.
· Callbacks on completed work orders are kept to a minimum.
· Responds immediately to emergency calls.
· Demonstrates universal teamwork with Housekeeping, Security, and Engineers.
· Move department furnishings and setup with minimal disruptions.
· Assist in management of hospital assets.
· Assist Painting Supervisor in ordering parts and supplies needed for maintenance.
· Presents well organized parts and supplies descriptions to Painting Supervisor.
· Makes accurate assessments of parts and supplies requirements.
· Places ordered for supplies well in advance of date needed.
· Maintains well-stocked inventory of commonly needed supplies.
· Basic Carpentry, tape and float walls and ceilings, repair wall coverings, doors, furniture and color matching for walls throughout facility.
· Willingly accepts tasks outside usual job activity.
· Maintains high standard of job safety.
· Employee’s conduct must reflect the Company’s values and a commitment to the Code of Conduct ethics and compliance program.
· Employee reflects SDH Service Excellence standards in every interaction.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills:
· Proficiency in the use of hand tools, power tools, gauges, and testing devices is required.
· Ability to communicate information in clear concise terms is required.
· Must be able to assess facility condition with little or no supervision.
· Must be able to demonstrate understanding of national patient safety initiatives by strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures as required by both HCA and St. David’s Healthcare Partnership.
Education: Required: High School diploma or equivalent
Required: Five years experience in maintenance or construction field.
Certification: Required: None
Title: Painter - Full-Time
Location: Texas-Austin-Partnership Market Office
Requisition ID: 06766-49889