HCA, Hospital Corporation of America IRF Patient Assessment Coordinator (RN) in Austin, Texas
_Position Summary:_* * The IRF Patient Assessment Instrument Coordinator functions under the Rehab Program Director/ Assistant Administrator. Provides coordination for the timely and accurate completion of the Patient Assessment Instrument for each rehabilitation inpatient. This individual provides clinical support in completion of datacontained in the PAI for each patient to ensureaccuracy in the scoring of functional status and reflection of the patient’s care needs. In addition, this position may assist in the ongoing monitoring of identified benchmarks for the inpatient population. The IRF PAI Coordinator will have access to confidential patient information and maintains confidentiality of all information. _ _ _Position Responsibilities:_
A. *Coordinate IRF PAI Function:*
- Thoroughly researches clinical documentation for evidence of co-morbid conditions. Verifies accuracy of coding under direction of attending Rehab physician.
- Responsible for staff education to improve FIM score accuracy.
- Reviews clinical documentation and makes recommendations to clinical supervisors in areas needing improvement to support and validate rehab criteria compliance.
- Oversees/completes and ensures the accuracy and the completion of the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility-Patient Assessment Instrument (IRF-PAI) prior to electronic transmission.
- Serves as an information source and educator to IRF-PAI users.
- Collaborates with physicians and interdisciplinary team members to make the most accurate assessment of the needs and strengths of patients.
- Maintain a current knowledge of the PAI software and provides expertise on this software within the inpatient rehab setting.
- Provides ongoing education to the staff of the hospital to ensure accurate and timely completion of the PAI.
Maintain updated and ongoing knowledge of the regulations concerning the PAI and its completion within the inpatient rehab setting.
- Verifies appropriate CMG designation through chart review, staff interview and collaboration with Rehab Medical Director
- Coordinates the completion of the admission assessment of the PAI by the fourth (4th) day of the patient’s stays and the fifth (5th) day following discharge for each inpatient rehabilitation patient. May require discussions/interactions with various staff members concerning differences in reported functional status to complete the PAI. Submits completed IRF PAI to HIM Department for coding transmittal.
- Periodically audits PAI, clinical documentation and billing information to ensure accuracy and consistency of documentation. Works closely and collaboratively with all members of the clinical team to ensure compliance at all levels.
- Demonstrates effective critical thinking skills.
Provides an environment conducive to safety for patients, visitors and staff.**
Utilizes appropriate leadership skills in delegating, organizing and educating coworkers and staff.
- Promotes participation, cooperation and teamwork. Demonstrates problem solving in resolving issues. Demonstrates clear and effective communication skills.
- Participates in leadership meetings.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
_Department Specific Criteria:_ 1. Performs duties in accordance with unit specific standards of care as evidenced by completion of a competency skills check list. 2. Handles patient, visitor, or physician complaints promptly and in a professional manner. 3. Represents unit on various hospital committees and internal rehab committees. 4. Coordinates QA summary and audits. 5. Documents monthly statistics (QA). 6. Assists staff members with patient care duties. 7. Interacts with patient, family, staff and physicians in professional manner at all times. 8. Assists with all other rehab functions as deemed necessary by Clinical Director; case management, completion of PAIs, pre-evaluations and insurance approvals.
_Qualifications:_ 1. Two or more years of experience as a licensed clinician in an acute hospital or rehabilitation setting preferred. Must be an RN, Physical, Occupational or Speech Therapist. 2. Ability to operate basic computer and data management software 3. FIM credentialed within 90 days of hire
Title: IRF Patient Assessment Coordinator (RN)
Location: Texas-Austin-St. David%27s Medical Center
Requisition ID: 06676-48897