HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Housekeeping Technician II - *PRN in Austin, Texas
* * $8/day for meal at facility * Uniforms provided * Full and part time available * Shift differentials * *Position Summary * Perform a variety of duties for the cleaning and maintenance of the hospital. The primary responsibility of the Housekeeper is to provide the highest quality of service to customers at all times. In order to fulfill these responsibilities, Housekeepers clean offices, patient rooms, guest rooms, bathrooms, lavatories, halls, food service areas, patient service areas, and any other area that may need attention.
- Cleans light fixtures, ceiling and vents, walls, mattresses, furniture, windows and window coverings, floors and carpets, restroom fixtures and showers.
- Replenish paper and plastic products.
- Move furniture, supplies and equipment.
- Hang draperies (to include cubicle and shower curtains).
- Set-up tables and chairs in auditorium or halls.
- Push/pull cleaning cart or flatbed, carry buckets.
- Operate equipment such as vacuum cleaner and telephone.
- Maintain equipment and wear protective clothing as required by the work environment or government regulations.
- May also train workers engaged in cleaning and maintaining the premises. _Staff/Unit Responsibilities:_
- Uses resources in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Participates in peer review.
- Participates in developing other staff and affiliating students.
- Maintains and develops own professional competencies.
- Maintains and promotes a team spirit through active cooperation and collaboration.
- Assists in interdepartmental service coordination.
- Actively participates in the Performance Improvement and Utilization Review Programs.
- Assists in directing and guiding staff in the coordination of unit operations.
- Assists in all aspects of care if in the environment, such as dietary, housekeeping, infection control, and supply and equipment management.
- Attends 80% of in-services and departmental meetings
- Help provide staff to other areas of the hospital when needed.
High School graduate or G.E.D. preferred. No previous experience required. Performs at a proficient level, all tasks within the specialty area. Able to operate all appropriate equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. Able to perform the necessary functions on the facility's computer system.
Interpersonal Skills:* Must be able to interact and communicate in English, both orally and written, with all levels of staff, physicians, patients, and families in an effective manner, exhibiting tact, enthusiasm, and patience. Must be able to be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
Essential Physical Requirements: Housekeeper transfers soiled linen to bin. Requires vertically transferring soiled linen weighing up to (40 lbs.) from (18") to (48"), up to (10/hr.). Housekeeper transfers trash to bin. Requires vertically transferring trash weighing up to (10 lbs.) from (18") to (48"), up to (25/hr). Housekeeper transfers supply caddy to job site. Requires horizontally transferring supply caddy weighting up to (5 lbs.), up to (8/hr.), a distance of up to (20 feet) without mechanical assistance. Housekeeper transfers housekeeping utility cart from job site to job site. Must horizontally transfer housekeeping utility cart requiring a force up to (10 lbs.), up to 15/hr, a distance up to (12 feet). Housekeeper must access floor/ground to perform job duties. Requires repetitive assumption of posture to access a point (1") from the floor, up to (20/hr.). Housekeeper requires (Near/Far) vision to read product labels, personal protective equipment and MSDS sheets. Housekeeper walks to access entire unit and perform job duties. Requires walking up to (2.0 miles), in (8 hrs.).
Essential Mental Abilities: Requires good communication and organizational skills. Requires reasoning ability and good independent judgment. Requires working with frequent interruptions.
Essential Sensory Requirements: Requires corrected hearing and vision within a normal range and ability to distinguish color. Exposure to Hazards: Requires exposure to communicable diseases and potentially contaminated body fluids and hazardous materials. OSHA risk factor: Category I. Possible risk of physical injury due to moving machinery and supplies. Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge and skills necessary to provide care/services to the age of the patients served in the hospital facility. Must also possess the ability to assess data and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their specific needs. Understands the mission and vision of the hospital. Operates within the concept of patient focused care. Evolves into an effective team member. Must adhere to dress code; good grooming and personal hygiene habits; and strict adherence to attendance policies. Maintains knowledge of and conforms to hospital policies and procedures. Employee must maintain satisfactory level of knowledge and skill in Age Specific Competencies for the appropriate patient population.
Title: Housekeeping Technician II - *PRN
Location: Texas-Austin-Heart Hospital of Austin
Requisition ID: 25960-46731