General Motors Development Manager - INF0018951 in Austin, Texas
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
* Location: *
* Austin, TX *
As a Software developmentmanager, you will lead, manage, inspire engineers developing a world-classcloud management solution for the General motors. The role will require trainthe team of experienced developers and college hires with the ADF technologies,API management solutions along with driving UX/UI interface with Oracle ADF andOracle Web Center. As part of Day-to-day activity, you’ll be building teams,managing people, developing processes, planning features, measuring velocity,and shipping quality code in the environment. The hands on experience withOracle ADF and Oracle Web Center is a key to this role.
The key activities this rolewill be performing are:
- Inspire and lead a team of software engineers
- Design and execute processes for workflow and standards
- Manage project milestones, progress, and issues
- Ensure that application changes and fixes are implemented on schedule, within scope and with quality
- Ensure that issues are addressed promptly
- Keep all interested parties up-to-date on progress
- Provide technical leadership for product strategy and roadmap
- Improve code quality and foster a culture of strong engineering design
- Manage risk and project deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline preferred or equivalent experience
- 3+ years information technology experience in a large scale commercial enterprise
- Strong core java development experience
- Knowledge of Weblogic 11g/12c or higher
- Translates business requirements into technical design and prepares MD70 documents as per AIM methodologies
- Ensures that all coding complies with Enterprise Standards and adheres to development guidelines
- Ensures that all the assigned deliverables are completed on time and with impeccable quality
- Provides timely support in troubleshooting defects and providing resolutions
- Supports production deployment and project go-live tasks
- Actively participate in team meetings and collaborates with other team members to carry out project deliverables
Must be flexible in approach and a proven track record for delivering results and the ability to adapt to a rapid development cycle
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, call 866-583-8151 or email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.