General Motors Adobe CQ/AEM Architect - INF0016850 in Austin, Texas
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Adobe CQ/AEM Architect
* About the General Motors Product Development IT Team: *
Global Brands Site in Digital Marketing IT is looking for a rockstar AEM Architect who overflowswith curiosity and still fit their head in the door. You will be a part of a team responsible for building and supporting the future vision of all GM consumer-facing websites for Buick, Cadillac, GMC and Chevrolet, Opel, Vauxhall and Holden while also leading a UI team supporting Social Marketing Campaigns globally. This opportunity favors individuals who are not afraid to collaborate with UX designers, graphic designers, back-end software engineers and within your own team. The ideal candidate is aware of web technology trends, familiar with browser compatibility nuances; as well as - eager to apply the latest tools and techniques to enable an engaging experience to consumers across the globe.
About the role:
You will be part of a team responsible for solutioning and building the new platform all Brand Sites will be built on. This opportunity favors individuals who enjoy collaborating with a variety of colleagues across the enterprise including key business stakeholders, senior leadership, architects, software engineers, UX designers, and UI developers. The candidate will also participate in all key design decisions on the platform especially around component and service development inside of AEM 6.x.
- Expert knowledge of JSP
- Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe CQ, Adobe CQ5, Day CQ, Day CRX experience is a MUST
- Solid understanding of MVC
- Ability to hand code HTML and CSS
- Experience working with LESS and/or SASS
- Proven experience creating responsive design templates and mobile web applications
- Experience integrating with web services
- Experience with performance tuning and available tools
- Understands Pros/Cons of client-side caching and edge caching
- Experience with website performance tuning
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment
- Easily adapts and learns new things whether it’s a new library, framework, process or a visual design concept
- Laid back, but can unleash the geek inside to get things done
- A master’s degree in a technical discipline
- System, Solution and Enterprise Architecture experience
- Understanding of or hands-on programming knowledge in PHP or ASP
- Ability to convert layered design files into functional, styled web pages and flows
- Experience working with Node.js and Angular.js
- Demonstrated passion about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and exploring the latest technologies
- Not afraid to NERF to get things done
- Loves fast cars
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, call 866-583-8151 or email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.