Quest Diagnostics Technician, Speciman -Hospital - Winfield, IL in Aurora, Illinois
The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Technician, Speciman -Hospital - Winfield, IL.
Schedule: Mon - Fri 8am - 4:30pm; Sat 8am - 2pm; Day Shift
38 - 40 hours weekly
*Salary dependent upon experience
REQ # 3768027
The Hospital Specimen Preparation Technician (HSPT) is responsible for daily preparation of patient specimens from hospital clients. The HSPT must demonstrate a mastery of all functions of specimen preparation for submission to multiple Quest Diagnostics facilities, as well as Rapid Response Laboratories (RRL). The HSPT works with minimal direction under the Hospital Laboratory Manager (Client), the Hospital Sales Team, with direct supervision under Quest Diagnostics Field Operations. Work is highly independent. The HSPT must exhibit a very strong proficiency in test ordering policies and procedures, specimen requirements related to test ordering, sample preparation, HIPPA and other legal and compliance requirements, and the company's Care 360 system. This position requires excellent communication and collaboration skills in interacting with the client, sales team and other functions within the organization, and must have the aptitude to learn Hospital main frame systems. The HSPT is required to have an understanding of the commitment of Quest Diagnostics within a hospital client environment and the ability to effectively troubleshoot and problem solve client issues related to their area of responsibility. All functions must be performed with confidence, accuracy and in a timely manner. This position is critical to quality for customer satisfaction. Additionally, since many changes do occur from day to day, great flexibility on the part of the HSPT is required. The HSPT will be exposed to many different demands made by the customer. Majority of HSPT work is on the day shift, but flexibility is required for weekends, holidays, on call and overtime based on client requirements.
- Responsible for preparation of patient specimens for hospital clients and pick up by couriers.
- Responsible for positive daily client interactions representing Quest Diagnostics to the customer (face-to-face and/or telephone).
- Prepares and arranges all stat testing needs, researches pending results, alerts Hospital IT to communication failures, accept and troubleshoots incoming calls to the Hospital Lab from Quest Diagnostics facilities.
- Demonstrates excellent proficiency in test ordering policies, procedures, specimen requirements for test ordering, sample preparation,Care 360 and compliance/legal requirements.
- Trouble shoots and problem solves client issues related to area of responsibility.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with the Hospital Lab Manager, as well as the Quest Diagnostics sales team and other functions in the organization.
- Relays client concerns to Quest Diagnostics supervisor and sales. Participates in sales/operations review of account.
- Communicates information regarding problem solving with specimens, test cancellations, testing requirements, billing requirements with various hospital staff, such as phlebotomy, outpatient draw centers, laboratory managers, department supervisors, Hospital IT Analyst, physicians, nurses and pathologists.
- Demonstrates an ability to learn the job duties assigned to the HSPT and develops an understanding of the company processes, as well as the client expectations.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the compliance policies related to test ordering, with ability to research test ordering information on translation tables, computer system, and the directory of services.
- Demonstrates an ability to learn Hospital main frame systems as it relates to preparation of hospital patient specimens.
- Understands the complex relationship between test(s) ordered and specimen received.
- Completes all required written documentation, legibly and within the assigned timeframe
- Reports to work on time, and follows attendance guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff.
- Maintains composure while working under pressure.
- Reflects good judgment at all times when determining what action to take when resolving problems.
- Adheres to Quest Diagnostics core values, safety and compliance policies and procedures.
- Works in a biohazard environment, practicing good safety habits.
- Keeps work area neat and clean.
- Able to sit or stand for long periods.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive environment.
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
Education and Experience:
- High School or equivalent
- Medical background preferred which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory.
- Previous laboratory, customer service or hospital experience preferred.
- Position requires demonstrated data entry skills to effectively utilize both the Quest Diagnostics system and the hospital client systems. Must meet established data entry requirements.
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
Job Title: Technician, Speciman -Hospital - Winfield, IL
Job ID: 3768027
Location: 2972 Indian Trail Rd
Full/Part Time: Full-Time