West Suburban Bank Personal Banker in Aurora, Illinois
West Suburban Bank
Category Retail - Personal Banking
Type Regular Full-Time
Summary: Performs assigned duties related to the handling of customer transactions according to established bank procedures. Discusses and actively cross-sells bank products and services under moderate supervision according to established policies and procedures. Acquires knowledge of bank products and is able to open, service, and identify cross selling opportunities to new and/or existing customers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions.
- The ability to multi task various job assignments effectively and efficiently.
- Delivers a unique customer experience in an effort to build rapport to increase the opportunity to establish loyal fully banked customer relationships. Identifies sales opportunities through meaningful conversations with customers, and making the appropriate referrals to branch partners.
- Performs lobby engagement activities to connect with customers and establish opportunity to market and sell WSB products that meet their needs. Assist with educating the customers on options for managing financial transactions by leveraging technology, tools and resources.
- Maintains current knowledge of bank deposit, loan products, and services. Effectively identifies customer needs and identifies sales opportunities. Implements plans to retain and enhance existing customer relationships through activities such as cross selling of additional products, offering financial counseling, and actively referring customers to other sales divisions of the bank.
- Initiate and ensure successful onboarding of customers to WSB through the use of phone calls, e mail and mailings. Maintains the branch pipeline per WSB expectations.
- Actively contributes to the achievement of branch goals as well as individual sales and customer service goals.
- Responsible for maintaining bank knowledge and adhering to all bank policies and procedures, within the scope of their job, to ensure compliance and audit adherence.
- Investigates and corrects errors. Refers to appropriate bank personnel as needed.
- Completes and submits loan applications and performs loan closings. Ensure documents are completed accurately when submitted. Actively prospect for new lending opportunities.
- Maintains operational signing and approval authority and wire transfer authority.
- May assist in training new employees in customer service and banking policies and procedures as needed.
- All other reasonable duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Intermediate computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed set sales goals and operational standards;
- Minimum of 1-2 years Retail Banking or related experience, with proven track record in sales goal achievement, practical knowledge, and application of bank policies, procedures, and services
- Subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Previous teller and/or related cash handling experience;
Requirements for performing Essential Functions:
On the job the employee may physically be required to bend, sit, stand, walk, use finger movements, and/or handle objects (manual dexterity). On the job the employee must mentally be able to read/comprehend, write, perform calculations, communicate orally, reason, and analyze.
West Suburban Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.