Cosma International Product Architect in Auburn Hills, Michigan
This position is for a division of Magna Electronics, Auburn Hills, MI.
Magna Electronics, an operating unit of Magna International, provides innovative electronic systems through manufacturing facilities and engineering divisions located all over the world. We design and supply the unique electronic components and sub-systems to meet future vehicle system needs.
The Product Architect interfaces with multiple stakeholders to understand requirements, domain, viable technology, and development activities for ADAS, HUD, Connectivity and Component development projects. Tasks include, but are not limited to, front-end communications with customers regarding requirements and solutions, analysis and definition of system design alternatives, and daily technical guidance of engineering activities within the team. The Product Architect must understand all aspects of a product development activity, including hardware design, software design, test procedures, and regulatory requirements. For design activities, the Product Architect must be capable of creation and analysis of multiple design alternatives, assessing such alternatives based on given or self-defined criteria, and selecting the most suitable options to refine to a final design.
- Lead system/product requirements specifications, solution definition, technical feasibility analysis, and architecture specification.
- Provide technical guidance for product design and integration engineering activities. Ensures conceptual integrity of product design.
- Provide engineering support for sales presentations, technical solutions discussions, and product demonstrations with prospective customers.
- Develop and/or approve product Architecture requirements and design specifications, test plans, and test reports.
- Responsible for architecture level development and testing requirements.
- Respond to customer inquiries concerning complex system design approaches and issues.
- Provide technical input to RFP/RFQ responses.
- Work with Engineering Program Management to provide feasibility and planning information.
- Interfaces with and supports customer product development calls and meetings.
- Identifies, analyzes and reviews program sustaining activities.
- Provide technical advice for product/systems roadmap definition based on expert knowledge of relevant technologies and customer use cases.
- Oversee and support life cycle engineering activities using defined processes and standards.
- Participate in internal and external technical reviews, as required.
- Work with system engineers at program initiation to analyze the customer requirements and to enter them into the Magna application life cycle tool.
- Define interfaces of the architecture.
- Develop architecture verification criteria.
- Verify the product architectural design.
- Ensure consistency and bilateral traceability of system requirements to product architectural design.
- Communicate product architectural design.
- Actively pursues cost saving ideas.
- Be aware of innovative solutions and propose patent applications.
- Perform work assignments as a highly competent product architecture engineer, requiring independent system requirements development and testing of the Architecture requirements.
- Work assignments primarily involve intermediate through advanced level work, moving toward complete technical competency and mastery of the field.
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. Ensures that facilities are in full compliance with all safety regulations.
- Maintains regular attendance.
Follows safe work procedures; Uses appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE); Uses workplace tools and equipment as instructed; Reports workplace hazards, injuries and illness as soon as possible following event.
Complies with the requirements of Quality Operating System (QOS)
Knowledge and Education
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering / Systems Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent (Master’s preferred)
- 4-8 years’ relevant experience regarding the Responsibility / Activities (listed above) in serial development. Automotive electronic (mandatory)
- Knowledge of product development engineering practices in automotive field
- Requirements management
- Revision control
- Change control
- Requirements decomposition planning and reporting (KPI generation)
- Test plan development
- Track records of writing good requirements that can be successfully implemented.
- Profound technical knowledge of automotive electronics products. Familiar with typical automotive OEM requirements. Can anticipate customer requirements, even if not stated in customer documentation.
- Experienced in use of requirements management tools. Familiar with concepts such as baselining, inheritance etc.
- Working knowledge relevant standard including IS026262, ISO/TS 16949, ISO/IEC TR 15504, hazard, SAE J2464, IEC, NEC, ISO 20G53, and two-level fault strategies.
- Knowledge of structured problem solving (8D) methods and/or techniques
- Test execution planning
Skills and Competencies
- knowledge of MS Office package (especially Excel)
- knowledge of analysis and engineering tools such as version control/configuration management, UML tools, static code check tools
- ALM tools (PTC Integrity)
- Working knowledge of CAN and LIN based tools such as CANalyzer, CANoe, CANape, neoVI
- Mathworks based tools (Matlab, Simulink)
- ADTF environment
- Enterprise Architect
- Comprehensive knowledge of English (verbal and written)
- For positions located in non-English speaking locations, knowledge of the local working language is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge (verbal &written;) of local language required.
- Travel (domestic and international) may be needed
Able to work effectively in a global environment.
Able to represent technical design topics internally and externally
Self-motivation, tenacity, and determination are very useful in this position
Must be able to work independently with little to no supervision
Group: Magna Electronics
Division: Magna Electronics - Auburn Hills
City: Auburn Hills
Job Type: Regular