Compass Group, North America DIRECTOR OF MARKETING & GUEST EXPERIENCE-AUBURN UNIIV in Auburn, Alabama
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING & GUEST EXPERIENCE-AUBURN UNIIV 11/30/16Alabama
Refer a Friend
Job ID: KV11301669661Great People. Real Opportunities.Description:
Click here to Learn More about a Career with Chartwells Higher Education
AtChartwells Higher Education, people are at the core of our business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and achieve their development goals within the company.
The Director of Marketing and Guest Experience will direct the Campus Merchandising Efforts and Standards as a key member of the strategic leadership team.
• Work closely with operations to develop and promote offers to attract business and measure effectiveness.
• Develop and manage annual marketing plans for entire campus operations to include achievement of sales goals for meal plans, retail, residential experience and catering and measure results.
• Oversee the account's marketing budget
• Partner with campus departments for ongoing and new campaigns on campus
• Manage a fully functioning Sustainability Program in cooperation with the Sustainability Department on campus
• Assist with measuring and managing our carbon footprint.
• Oversee the daily, weekly and monthly communications with the campus.
• Attends dining events and some monotony breakers to ensure proper execution of intended initiatives from the marketing plan, which includes meeting and greeting customers, facilitation and promotions, taking photographs, issuing reports on progress of the event and surveying the campus population.
• Implement vibrant social media campaigns and analyze the data to determine where our opportunities lie.
• Create and conduct presentations of dining program to various organizations, orientations and student/ parent audiences throughout the year.
• Oversee website development and maintenance
• Conduct or coordinate competitive analysis / pricing comparisons as needed to aid in pricing of catering, residential and retail meals.
• Coordinate the efforts of Chartwells and the many groups from Resident Life, Associated Students, Sustainability Department, etc., to produce highly visible and well-attended events within the Dining Center and elsewhere on campus.
• Work with our associates by providing training in all aspects of hospitality, interacting with the guest, and building a sense of unity and cooperation through team-building programs and activities.
• This position will help develop and implement menu layouts, merchandising standards, etc. Daily, weekly and monthly audits of these standards will be implemented, with corrective action being documented.
• Creative promotions, awareness campaigns, etc., will be developed and implemented to drive sales, whether in resident dining, retail, catering and summer camps/conferences.
• Manage bi-annual consumer engagement surveys and ensure that action items are completed.
• Manage On-Site In-Sight focus groups annually and ensure that action items are completed.
• Conduct daily table touching and manage chattback program.
• Other duties may be assigned, including supporting satellite campuses or regional marketing efforts
BS degree in Marketing preferred
Minimum of three years marketing experience with Higher Ed experience preferred
Ability to present to large groups
Knowledge of merchandising and promotions
Excellent writing skills
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Career LevelManagement (Manager/Director)SectorChartwells Higher EdAreas of InterestMarketingEducationBachelor's DegreeLocaleAlabamaPreferred LanguageEnglish