Five Star Bank Full-Time Teller (30 h) - Attica Office in Attica, New York
Essential Functions: The major duties of the job that constitute the fundamental tasks and or responsibilities of the position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Responsible for accurately processing transactions for customers (e.g. deposits, loan payments, cashing checks, redeeming bonds, selling gift cards) in a courteous and professional manner. Provides prompt, efficient, and accurate service.
2. Participate in cash and negotiable instrument control measures including cash management, strike, shipping and cash ordering, vault currency, vault balancing, and vault related controls as assigned.
3. Perform operational duties as required including: fill change and/or currency orders, issue cashiers checks and money orders, process night drops bags and mail deposits, balance ATM and resolve ATM discrepancies, settle and balance Cash Advance machine.
4. Balances cash drawer on a daily basis.
5. Maintains and applies knowledge of all security policies and procedures. Completes online compliance training as required within established timelines.
6. Participates in the bank incentive programs in the achievement of bank, branch and individual goals. Develops and maintains knowledge of bank products. Actively promotes referrals and retention of account relationships.
7. Refers questionable or difficult issues to supervisor. Responsible for immediately reporting both internal and external suspicious or fraudulent activity to Branch Management.
8. Effectively utilize necessary and available technology including all bank software as required by the position. Operates office equipment as necessary.
9. Demonstrates the standards and principles of the Five Star Bank Experience in every interaction with internal and external customers and associates. Incorporates the high performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example and service in every facet of work.
10. This job description is not exhaustive. The Teller may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Required: Years: 6 months Type: Cashiering, Cash Handling, Customer Service or Sales experience
Preferred: Years: 6 months Type: Cashiering, Cash Handling, Customer Service or Sales experience in a Retail environment
Competencies: Competencies are the measurable or observable knowledge, skills, abilities and behaviors critical to performing the essential functions of the position.
1. Cooperation/Teamwork works well with others (internal, external customers and associates)
2. Reliable in fulfilling hours scheduled and consistently punctual
3. Able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload
4. Writes and speaks clearly and concisely
5. Organized with a high level of attention to detail
6. Able to maintain confidentiality at all times
7. Able to learn and utilize new technology effectively and efficiently
1. Able to regularly stand for prolonged periods of time
2. Able to frequently bend and reach
3. Extensive computer usage is required
4. Ability to perform repetitive motion throughout shift
5. Occasional travel within Branch footprint; Frequent travel required for Floating Tellers
6. Able to lift 50 lbs
Note: At a later stage in the application process, applicants will be required to provide information about their criminal conviction history, if any, and to authorize the procurement of a consumer report that will contain, among other things, information about criminal conviction history. Except as required by applicable law, past criminal convictions will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment, and Five Star Bank will only consider such history in accordance with applicable law. Please be advised, however, that federal law prohibits Five Star Bank from employing any person who has been convicted of any criminal offense involving dishonesty or a breach of trust or money laundering, or has agreed to enter into a pretrial diversion or similar program in connection with a prosecution for such offense unless the FDIC has provided prior written consent.
EXTERNAL POSTING FOR
Five Star Bank and its subsidiaries is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process please call Human
Employer's Job# 2709
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.