HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse- Unit Coordinator- Oncology FT- Nights in Atlantis, Florida
- Administer, analyze and appraise the care given to patients within the Medical/Surgical/Oncology unit.
- Advise Medical/Surgical/Oncology Director regarding the status of patient care, budgetary projections, quality improvement processes.
- Anticipate and estimate future needs of the units and to improve quality of patient care.
- To collaborate and coordinate the efforts of the staff of the units to accomplish the mission of SRMC.
- Demonstrates advanced level of clinical skills and the ability to support others to achieve the delivery of quality care.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency in leadership, supervision and management of staff.
- Demonstrates excellent skills in planning, organizing and managing personnel resources in a cost effective and productive manner for the operational area of the nursing unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient’s right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Required- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. Preferred- BSN degree or currently enrolled in BSN program.
LICENSURE: Required- Current licensure as an RN Required- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider Required- ACLS within 90 days of hire.
EXPERIENCE: Required- Five years of acute care experience as RN. Preferred- Previous management experience.
Title: Registered Nurse- Unit Coordinator- Oncology FT- Nights
Location: Florida-Atlantis-JFK Medical Center - Palm Beach
Requisition ID: 02873-7660