CACI International User Support Specialist II in Atlanta, Georgia
The Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion’s (DHQP) Surveillance Branch seeks a detail-oriented user support specialist with superior interpersonal, organizational and communications skills to provide support to the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) Program. The NHSN user support specialist will provide assistance to system users by addressing questions and resolving issues related to participation in NHSN.
NHSN is a web-based information system designed for use by CDC and partners as a resource for surveillance and improvement of patient and healthcare personnel safety. The principle goal of NHSN are to improve safety by creating and disseminating knowledge necessary to detect and respond to current and emerging healthcare safety threats.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide user support to DHQP and its constituents by performing a variety of clearinghouse functions and activities.
• Serve as subject matter expert for the operations (enrollment and participation) of the NHSN Help Desk.
• Serve as the initial DHQP representative to inquiries (emails, letters) from the general public, state and local health departments, and hospitals regarding healthcare associated infections and/or the protection of healthcare workers.
• Triage incoming specific inquiries (via email from state and local health departments, hospitals, and other government agencies) for interpretation of guidelines and recommendations, broadly related to infection control in health-care settings and the general public.
• Responsible for the coordination and dissemination of information to a variety of audiences (physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, and the general public), regarding the prevention of healthcare-associated infections, tailoring the message to specific audiences.
• As subject matter expert of the NHSN Help Desk, recognizes patterns of inquiries (related to healthcare associated infections or healthcare worker protection) and makes planning recommendations for development of informational material to meet the needs of the general public, healthcare workers, etc.
• Actively contributes to technical reports and documents representing summary of monthly inquiries.
• Independently initiates the collection, organization and maintenance of publications and guidelines related to healthcare associated infections in the resource center (library), including frequent electronic literature searches.
• Provides technical writing for program and operation documentation.
• Provides documentation in presentation-ready quality output.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Demonstrated experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
Highly self-motivated and directed.
Keen attention to detail.
Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
-Typically requires associate’s degree or equivalent and five to seven years of related experience.
The clearance level required is dependent on the type of clearance supported by our client.
Some healthcare or public health experience
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian clients. A member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies and the Russell 2000 Index, CACI provides dynamic careers for approximately 15,000 employees working in over 120 offices worldwide.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.