APTEAN Lead Customer Solutions Consultant in Atlanta, Georgia
Lead Customer Solutions Consultant
Aptean, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is proud to have a drug-free environment. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, reprisal for engaging in anti-discrimination activities, protected genetic information, sexual orientation, parental status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Aptean is a leading provider of mission critical enterprise software solutions. We build and acquire industry-focused solutions to support the evolving operational needs of our customers. Our solutions help nearly 5,000 organizations stay at the forefront of their industries by enabling them to operate more efficiently, thereby ensuring higher customer satisfaction. For more information, visit www.aptean.com.
Provide leadership to implement and deliver overall MES and system integration solutions, with a focus on both the software delivery and the change management associated with a successful project. Participate as a member of the implementation team to deploy new projects, and/or provide on-going support to their existing installation. Consult with customers in the configuration and usage of application modules; research and resolves problems and issues. Manage customer expectations and foster positive business relationships. Facilitate customer training & workshops to discover and document customer requirements, and also provide market-driven product requirements back to the internal product team. When necessary, participate in the preparation of sales proposals.
Requires interface with customers and other team members. Will involve frequent travel to customer sites, estimated 70%.
Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Contributes as both an individual and an informal supervisor on assigned projects.
• Understands the manufacturing industry and business environment served by Factory MES
• Has experience in client-facing professional services in a manufacturing environment
• Has led change management projects involving multi-functional teams
Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
• Able to instruct customers on the set-up and usage of standard application features
• Able to engage multi-functional business teams from shop floor to C-level
• Follows standard practices and procedures in services delivery and ticket management
Supervision: Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. Serves as a mentor to others. Supervises others when leading projects they own.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
b. Ensure a professional communication manner when in-person or on the phone at all times
5. Additional Duties
a. Assist in the resolution of customer escalations to improve customer experience
b. Provide mentorship to other members of the Customer Solutions team
c. Recommend improvements in Customer Solutions policies and procedures
d. Participate in system and release testing and QA as needed
e. Additional duties as assigned by management
Bachelor's degree required
Work Experience (Indicate the approximate years of relevant work experience necessary for this position)
Typically requires a minimum of 6 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 5 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 4 years' experience; or equivalent experience. Typical range of experience is 6-9 years.
• Requires 5 - 7 years of professional experience in a manufacturing environment
• Has led or participated in lean manufacturing projects in a project management or industrial engineering capacity
• Has work experience in customer-facing professional services
• ERP software implementation experience is a plus
• Possesses working knowledge of MES applications and demonstrates proficiency in key areas of the application, with a particular focus on Performance KPIs and BI, Quality Management, and CI practices
• Understands the implementation of ERP software in a manufacturing environment and the natural touch points with MES
• Knows the industry and business environment served by the application (food and beverage, consumer packaged goods, pharmaceutical and automotive)
• Basic understanding of relational database concepts and architecture
• Knowledge of the project management discipline including managing risk, directing people, and controlling scope to deliver projects on tie and within budget
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate at all levels of an organization
• Strong presentation and facilitation needs
• Ability to work efficiently and independently and do whatever it takes to get the job done
• Ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations with diplomacy and tact
• Track record in providing outstanding customer service
PMP / PRINCE2 certification a plus
Aptean, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws No applicant for employment with Aptean shall be subjected to discrimination because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, disability, age, covered military veteran status, reprisal for engaging in anti-discrimination activities, protected genetic information, sexual orientation or parental status.