Americold Inventory Control Associate - East Point in Atlanta, Georgia
AmeriCold Logistics, the largest provider of temperature controlled distribution services in the US, is seeking an Inventory Control Associate to join the team at our East Point facility.
- Access computerized product of customer information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Ensure trucks/trailers are properly loaded and weight distributed to ensure safe operation of the vehicle.
- Code documents according to company procedures.
- Compare computer printouts to manually maintained journals to determine if they match.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Maintain inventory records.
- May need to label product.
- Match order forms with invoices, and record the necessary information.
- Operate computers to record, store, and analyze information.
- Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
- Perform general office duties such as filing, answering telephones, and handling routine correspondence.
- Prepare purchase orders and expense reports.
- Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Experience working in warehouse environment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to carry out instructions as written, oral or in diagram form.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods by road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Ability to solve routine problems.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes: perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others: and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
Tools and Technology:
- Knowledge of filing systems.
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Desktop computers
- May need forklift certification or other relevant certifications.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, or
- At least one year related work experience.
Physical Requirements: While performing the essential functions of this job, the associate is frequently required to sit; hear or talk; use close vision; use hands to grasp, handle or feel objects: and type and manipulate controls. Associate is occasionally required to use distance vision, stand, kneel or crouch and lift up to 80 lbs. To apply: only qualified and local candidates with related experience will be considered. Pre-employment Drug & Alcohol Screening Required. EOE M/F/D/V
Keyword: Warehouse, Inventory, distribution