Comcast Enterprise Solutions Sales Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
This individual will play a key role within Comcast Business by providing best in class customer solutions and technical sales support as part of the Managed Enterprise Solutions Sales organization. The individual helps close customer opportunities by being the technical influencer and integrates sales team strategy to meet and exceed company goals. The individual will develop solutions with Comcast's full suite of WAN and Managed Network Services and is focused on Fortune 300 clients. This particular role requires a broad understanding of access and networking technologies with emphasis on Managed Services, Professional Services, Ethernet, Optical and IP Networking with a focus on distributed retail, video broadcasting, financial and manufacturing/technology industries.
The individual will act as technical lead on the account team and will be responsible for understanding all Customer technical and business requirements. They will help develop proposals, solution diagrams and technical presentations both to customers C-Suite and to internal senior executives. Will work with customer to build strong lasting relationships and ensure that all internal team members understands customer's current network landscape and future requirements.
This individual must possess the intellectual curiosity and drive to learn and stay current on industry trends in a constantly evolving word and be able to articulate these trends upon customer inquiries for details
- Develop solutions leveraging Comcast Managed Network Services portfolio including Managed Broadband, Managed Router, Managed WiFi, Managed Security, Unified Communications/Voice and Ethernet products.
- Demonstrates advanced solution selling abilities and effective, pro-active customer communications.
- Attends customer meetings in person and via the phone. Interacts with all levels of customer's management team to drive new sales.
- Engineer customized highly available networks adapted specifically for the unique requirements of that particular industry while staying within set budgets and financial targets.
- Drive customer broadband aggregation solutions within Comcast presales process by clearly defining customer desired and minimum bandwidth requirements, customer preference for surveys, single vs. distributed billing, timelines and type of detailed proposal response.
- Documents, via diagrams and writing, and presents the solution to the customer while describing the benefits of the solution and building relationships with customers as a trusted advisor.
- Generate as-built diagrams internally and externally as required, provide post sale support to implementation and operations teams ongoing.
- Assist in the preparation of RFP's, designing cost-effective solutions plus solving configuration challenges through the standard or Individual Case Basis (ICB) process.
- Collaborate with Network Engineering and Solutions Architecture, Product Management and Marketing teams to fully support the Presales Effectiveness of the Sales Engineering teams.
- Participate in strategic and tactical account planning.
- Possess and maintain the business acumen to anticipate future trends, competitive landscape, understand how organizations generates profits and manages cost and translate market knowledge into business opportunities.
- Review all technical aspects for quality of an opportunity before the opportunity is accepted as sold.
- Lead the introduction of a new product, process or technology within the Comcast Business Sales Engineering community.
- Provides updates and accurate reporting to leadership on specific customer due dates, network/capital costs and other portions of current opportunities.
- Acts as a technical expert for all Comcast Business products and services.
- May work independently or as part of a team on more complex projects and accounts.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to junior team members and across other organizations. Provides updates and accurate reporting to leadership on specific customer due dates, network/capital costs and other portions of current opportunities.
- May be responsible for leading a team, but does not directly manage people.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Must be able to travel regularly as required.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, preferably in Engineering, Telecommunications or Computer Science
- CCNA/CCSA/CCNP/CCSP desired (or equivalent experience)
- MEF CECP/Cisco CMNA/Fortinet NSE/Ciena CE-A/Juniper JNCIA (or other industry certifications)
- Generally requires 11 years' related experience, and 3 years related experience working with Enterprise level customers on complex networks.
- Extensive background in design and deployment of complex optical, data, video and voice networks highly preferred.
- Adept in developing and delivering technical presentations.
- Experience with the following:
- MAN/WAN technologies including Carrier Ethernet, SD-WAN, IP-VPN/MPLS, Wavelength and SONET
- Internet, Peering, TCP/IP, Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
-Layer 1 Access Networks (Optical/WDM, Hybrid Fiber Coaxial, Twisted Pair Copper)
-Layer 2/3 networking and protocols (Switching/Bridging, VLAN's, L2CP, Routing and Security)
-Advanced Voice networking technologies including VoIP, SIP, Packet Cable and TDM
- Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV), Orchestration and Cloud based networking
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery concepts
- GIS fiber routing and mapping experience preferred
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communicator with ability to explain technical concepts in simple and understandable terms to a layperson
- Strong presentation skills
- Self-motivated, project oriented individual
- Able to accomplish tasks and projects without the need for constant supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Salesforce and other desktop and engineering applications and tools
- Team player, able to handle ambiguity, anticipate and react to changes quickly in a fast paced sales environment
- 50% Travel Required
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer