Republic National Distributing Company Night Warehouse Associate in Ashland, Virginia
Warehouse Workers receive, store and distribute materials, tools, equipment and products within establishments by performing the following functions. The schedule for this position is Sunday through Thursday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledge of how to slot product and how to maintain slots and inventory in the computerized inventory system.
- To accurately, consistently and safely follow directions; involved in receiving, stock rotation, or shipping of cases or bottles of wines and spirits in various locations throughout the warehouse and/or in loading or unloading of trucks. Including any or all of the following activities:
- Operating various pieces of warehouse equipment (Cherry Pickers, Forklifts, Slipsheets, Clamp Pickers, Electric Floorjacks, etc) to include daily maintenance. OSHA certified
- Maintaining computerized inventory control records over every product movement – receipts, shipments, transfers within the warehouse from one location to another, product returns, etc.
- Accurately identifying and receiving cases of product into inventory locations, using various pieces of warehouse equipment, upon receipt from the supplier.
- Accurately identifying cases or bottles to be picked from a pick document and placing product by hand onto the conveyor system in the process of loading delivery trucks. Voice-Pick experience is preferred, but not required.
- Accurately pick, pack, palletize, wrap and tag special transfer orders.
- Hand stacking cases/bottles of product in a specific sequence and location on a delivery truck.
- Removing cases/bottles of product from delivery trucks.
- Returning undelivered cases/bottles to their proper inventory locations.
- Moving and stacking cases/bottles for the purpose of conducting physical inventory.
- Repacking bottles of product into special packages for special promotional programs.
- Perform the cleaning and maintenance duties as may be directed by the warehouse supervisor.
- Assist in physical inventories and cycle counting as directed.
- Observes safe product handling techniques. Cooperates with supervisors and peers alike.
- Is punctual and consistently available for work. Various other duties, as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience - high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. All applicants must be at least 21 years old. Prior experience working in warehouse environment is preferred.
- Language Skills - Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence in English.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations - Fork Lift Equipment Certification, previous fork lift experience or certification is preferred
- Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Working Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Republic National Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.
Location: Virginia - Ashland
Job Code: 17397
# of openings: 1
Relocation Benefits: No Relocation Assistance Provided