CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP Forensic Director in Arlington, Virginia
CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP is seeking a Directorto join our Forensic, Litigation, and Receivership practice group in the Washington DC office with strong leadership abilities, excellent client-management skills, critical and logical thinking abilities. Engagements range from Federal Equity Receivership managing and liquidating entities under US District Court supervision as a result of securities and consumer frauds. Other engagements relate to all aspects of fraud investigations and other areas of litigation and dispute consulting. We also complete business valuations for a variety of purposes. We deliver client service work that exceeds their expectations.
This is an opportunity to make an impact within businesses and their legal counsel on matters related to complex business issues and more importantly work with the principal, who is court appointed as a federal equity receiver in several US District Courts!
- Provide testifying, expert and/or consulting related to specific engagements
- Secure new regulatory and corporate investigations, and compliance related engagements
- Communicate regularly with judges, counsel, business leaders, CLA Principals, and team members, and other senior executives
- Develop staff members, both technically and professionally
- Oversee and conduct investigations and financial analyses --and must be proficient in data analytics
- Proven ability to analyze Solvency and “Piercing the Corporate Veil” factors as well as recovery potential
- Ability to critically analyze financial statements and other financial documents
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Expert Reports and Expert Testimony
- Demonstrate creative problem-solving skills and an understanding of litigation process
- Ability to critique alternative arguments/opinions and prepare written reports, etc.
- Must initiate, lead and manage forensic and litigation engagements many of which have a lifespan of several years
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Must have the ability to travel
- 8+ years of relevant experience. CPA preferred, but not required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required. MBA preferred
- Must have forensic accounting, data analytics and investigations experience, and prior testimony in complicated litigation matters.
- CFE and other professional designations a plus (CFF, CAMS, CFA, ASA, CIA)
ABOUT THE FIRM
CliftonLarsonAllen LLP (CLA) is a professional services firm delivering integrated wealth advisory, outsourcing and public accounting capabilities to help enhance our clients’ enterprise value and assist them in growing and managing their related personal assets – all the way from startup to succession and beyond. Our professionals are immersed in the industries they serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments. With nearly 4,000 people, 90 US locations and a global affiliation, we bring a wide array of solutions to help clients in all markets, foreign and domestic. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
We are deeply invested in the success of our professionals and provide innovative career-building opportunities. At CLA, we aim to positively impact the clients we serve, the people we employ, the profession we represent and the communities we call home.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 16-1191
Title: Forensic Director