ASR Group/Domino Sugar Project Engineer in Arabi, Louisiana
ASR Group is the world’s largest refiner and marketer of cane sugar, with an annual production capacity of more than 6 million tons of sugar. The company produces a full line of grocery, industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products. Across North America, ASR Group owns and operates six sugar refineries, located in Louisiana, New York, California, Maryland, Canada and Mexico. In the European Union, the company owns and operates sugar refineries in England, Portugal and Italy. ASR Group also owns and operates mills in Mexico and Belize. The company’s brand portfolio includes the leading brands Domino®, C&H;®, Redpath®, Tate & Lyle®, Lyle’s® and Sidul®.
The Project Engineer is required to manage all major aspects of design and construction associated with assigned improvement or new projects within the refinery. Responsibilities span all phases of the project execution cycle including gathering requirements, preliminary design, cost estimation, project evaluation and justification, equipment procurement, layout, design, construction management and commissioning. Most projects involve a high level of coordination with existing plant operations and lend themselves to a "hands on" style, with the candidate working in the field a significant amount of time to assist in project execution.
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to coach and train employees in a team based environment.
- Proficient with AutoCad, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to Lead, Supervise, and make decisions.
- Industrial food processing experience preferred.
- Experience with GMP Practices preferred.
- Experience with Sanitary Design preferred.
- Experience with OSHA Regulations preferred.
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- Piping Systems
- Pumping Systems
- Tanks and Hoppers
- Steam Systems
- Heat Exchangers and Evaporators
- Screw and Belt Conveyors, Bucket Elevators
- Power Transmission Systems
- Dense & Dilute Phase Bulk Conveying Systems
- Dust Collection Systems
- PLC's and Industrial Automation
- Valves and Instrumentation
- General Building Construction
- General Understanding of Packaging Equipment
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience as a Project Engineer with a concentration in Electrical Engineering
- EE is required
- Experience with Power Generation and Controls is highly preferred
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- EE Required
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
Manage installation of approved projects such as:
- Develop SOWs for project work / equipment installation.
- Be proficient with AutoCad and drafting principles.
- Develop and coordinate project schedules.
- Work with Procurement to recommend qualified contractors.
- Conduct pre-bid walkthroughs with contractors.
- Work with Procurement to review and condition contractor proposals and award contracts.
- Ensure contractors work in accordance with all safety requirements.
- Ensure project installation adheres to design.
- Monitor contractors to ensure quality workmanship.
- Develop designs for field detailed items.
- Implement design changes as required.
- Manage project cost and schedule.
- Communicate and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Authorize payment to contractors.
- Work with Operations to provide feedback, select equipment, evaluate designs, and develop project budgets on proposed projects.
LOCATION OF ROLE
- Chalmette, LA
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Req id: 8944