Philips Strategic Buyer in Andover, Massachusetts
Working closely with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to develop and implement strategic commodity plans for the BMC's at the lowest total cost (TCO) to meet the defined requirements within the Procurement function. This includes development and co-ordination of key procurement strategies with the BoM. Accountability for material, long term assurance of supply, supplier performance and selection and supply management information/data management, providing support and guidance to relevant procurement peers, building of supply market intelligence to support business and or market decisions. They deliver added value by bringing the entire Procurement network (CM, PE, MP, Gov and support) to the equation.
· Co-develop, maintain and execute commodity strategies for the assigned supplier portfolio
· Establish programs for developing supplier relationships, negotiations and performance management / feedback.
· Responsible for building and maintaining a preferred supply base for the assigned scope.
· Responsible for supplier evaluation and management within the assigned scope;
· Lead contract and price negotiations for assigned supplier portfolio;
· Responsible for relevant project management assignments within the assigned scope.
· Responsible for contract management within the assigned scope (develop, maintain and execute)
· Responsible for gathering relevant benchmark data, supply market intelligence info
· Lead or participate in the tender generation and review process for the assigned scope
· Apply continuous improvement of processes and technologies that support materials decisions within the assigned scope
· Ensures that all Procurement related risks are controlled and mitigated.
· Responsible for reviewing the compliance of the suppliers in the assigned scope regarding the Supplier Quality, Supplier Sustainability and Supplier Development KPI's
· Responsible for a business process review with the supplier to ensure supplier market trends, performance and future needs of the relevant businesses / markets are aligned;
· Ensures compliance to procurement policy for the assigned supplier portfolio
· Responsible for account management role for the assigned scope
· Responsible for leveraging supplier innovation into Philips
· Define and execute project/contract roll-outs in coordination with demand side detailed plans;
· Develop and maintain appropriate network inside and outside Philips to ensure successful execution of strategies;
· Drives synergies/improvement for assigned portfolio;
· Develop supplier relations in order to involve key suppliers as early as possible for the assigned scope;
· Upon request, responsible for supporting DfX conventions within the assigned scope.
· Responsible for facilitating in/outsourcing decisions from a TCO point of view.
· Upon request, able to execute a supplier scouting assignment within the assigned scope.
Part of the Procurement network (CM, PE, MP, Gov and support) , you will be a lead on the Commodity Management in North America. You scope will be on all technology relative to METAL . You will be part of a multi cultural team located cross America.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
We are looking for
BS/MS degree in a relevant discipline
· Approximately 3/4 years of relevant working experience.
· Understands changing business needs for the area
· Possesses the expertise and seasoning to lead contract & cost negotiations
· Demonstrates ability to leverage global contracts.
· Builds and maintains up-to-date knowledge about company’s processes, strategies and industry trends
· Requires good knowledge of the procurement area i.e. commodity market strategies, goals and objectives.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.