HCA, Hospital Corporation of America OR Materials Manager Alaska Regional in Anchorage, Alaska
Responsible for leading, implementing, measuring, and directing all supply chain activities within the OR. Directly responsible for maintaining Meditech OR preference cards.
SUPERVISOR – SCD
SUPERVISES – OR Supply Chain Technicians
INTERACTIONS – OR Supply Chain Technician/OR Nurses/OR Directors/SCD/CRMs/Surgeons
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO :
- Clean up and maintenance of existing preference cards and creation of new preference cards.
- Clean up and maintenance of Meditech OR Dictionary, including Building all Items, entering all new items into Meditech and requesting new items in Smart.
- Assures delivery of implant log to Supply Chain Director on a monthly basis.
- Maintaining PAR location crosswalk and other master files between Meditech OR and Smart.
- Manages the OR Supply Chain techs.
- Responsible for daily SC Operations in the OR. Prepares SC OR Tech schedule for the on-site operations. Supervises the on-site processing, inventory and delivery of all OR orders.
- Works with Clinical Resource Manager (CRM) on all OR Supply Cost management projects.
- Serves as OR point of contact for sales reps.
- Maintains effective communication with customers, CRMs, OR Nurses, Revenue Integrity Nurse, OR Directors and the facility management team.
- Demonstrates effective problem-solving skills. Demonstrates comprehensive job knowledge.
Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Organization – proactively prioritized needs and effectively manages resources.
- Communication – communicates clearly and concisely.
- Leadership – guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services.
- Policies & Procedures – articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems.
PC skills – demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required, knowledge of Meditech and Smart a plus.
Graduate from Surgical Technology program and/or equivalent clinical training.
Minimum of five years of relevant clinical and/or materials experience may be substituted for education above. O.R. experience preferred.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE – Surgical Technology.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS – Requires some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
Title: OR Materials Manager Alaska Regional
Location: Alaska-Anchorage-Alaska Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 08754-12050