Wolf Creek Federal Services Benefits Assistant (Temporary/ Internal) in ANCHORAGE, Alaska
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description of Job:
The Benefits Assistant provides assistance to the Human Resources Department with administration tasks supporting benefit programs. Including health, disability, life, leave policy, and educational reimbursement.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Collects and enters employee benefit enrollment information into various systems.
- Inputs, files, and maintains employee benefit forms.
- Assists in proper and complete information flow with all benefit companies and field personnel on matters pertaining to benefits.
- Assists with addressing employee questions regarding benefit plans.
- Serve as the Records Coordinator and archivist for Benefit records.
- Assists in researching benefit premium payment monthly reconciliation and reconciling benefit enrollment data with carriers.
- Researches benefit eligibility, or enrollment issues.
- Assists with annual open enrollment.
- Assembles and disseminates appropriate health and 401(k) information to employees and HR contacts.
- Provides support to the HR Benefits Team.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Skill in the use of common office machinery including copiers, fax machines, and computers.
- Ability to work with a team or independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain employee benefit files
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle potentially highly-stressful situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional and courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Professional demeanor and dress.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6) or more months of general office experience, including working knowledge of using computers and office software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Human Resources work experience.
- Associates degree, or higher education, in a related field.
This is a temporary position, open to Chugach Shareholders, Shareholder spouses and descendants only.
Primary Location: US-Alaska-ANCHORAGE
Number of Openings: 1
Job Number: AK0100943
Req ID: AK0100943