The Homestead Adult Autism Associate - Full Time, Weekends Off - Adult Community Services in Altoona, Iowa
Are you someone who cares deeply for other people, wants to be challenged every day, is creative and a good listener? Then The Homestead would like to talk to you about doing this rewarding work!
We have immediate openings for Autism Associates who will get to teach and support adults with autism. This isn't just a job; it's an opportunity to make a difference.
- Training and assisting persons served in various aspects of daily living
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures
- Inspiring personal growth
- Teaching self-care
- Teaching social development skills and in some cases, vocational skills.
This position is also responsible for the health, safety and emotional support of the person being served, and electronically documenting the services and supports provided.
- High school diploma or GED
- Driver's license with chauffer's endorsement and auto insurance
Full-time Day Hours:
- Monday: 8:00am-2:00pm
- Tuesday: 8:00am-2:00pm
- Wednesday: 8:00am-2:00pm
- Thursday: 8:00am-2:00pm
- Friday: 8:00am-2:00pm
We will conduct a pre-employment physical, drug screen, OIG, MVR and background checks.
The Homestead is an equal opportunity employer.