Harvard University Passenger Transport Driver in Allston, Massachusetts
Passenger Transport Driver (CDL Required) - Term
42 - Int Un Oper Engineers Loc 877
Duties & Responsibilities
Position Summary: Operates shuttle bus service. Receives instructions from radio dispatcher and responds to requests throughout Cambridge / Allston campuses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates shuttle bus on designated routes on the Cambridge and Allston campuses.
- Operates shuttle bus for charters and extended services.
- Communicates on two-way radio with dispatcher to receive instructions and confirm changes, additions or deletions from route schedule.
- Performs daily safety inspection of vehicle and equipment. Completes vehicle condition report that includes requests for maintenance and repair.
- Performs daily cleaning of vehicle interior including: emptying the trash receptacles, sweeping the floor and dusting the seating surfaces. Performs refueling of vehicle as needed.
- Distributes and collects rider satisfaction surveys and comment cards.
- Performs related duties as required which may include occasional parcel delivery.
- Participates as a member of the Passenger Transport Services Planning Team.
- Performs related duties as required.
Three to five years of related passenger transport experience preferred. Must possess strong verbal communication skills, a clear speaking voice and solid customer service skills including courtesy, flexibility, sensitivity, patience and humor. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a customer-focused team environment required.
Driver Designation: Valid State commercial driver's license with "Passenger Air Brake" endorsements and a minimum of six years driving experience required.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.