B. Braun Medical Inc. Medical Affairs Specialist in Allentown, Pennsylvania
B. Braun Medical Inc.
Requisition ID 2016-9024
Company B. Braun Medical Inc
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US - PA - Allentown
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Shift 8am - 5pm
Site Corporate/Sales/ B. Braun of Canada/ BIS/ CeGat
With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
File Product Incident Reports Provide clinical input for product development, risk assessment, training and education. Assists in understanding technical and clinical issues associated with BBMI products; increases customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Document product incident reports according to SOP. Record relevant information concerning product complaints and communicate to QA and other departments as appropriate.
- Provide appropriate and accurate verbal and/or written communication to inquiring customers and internal Braun Medical associates
- Respond to emergency clinical and/or technical questions after normal business hours
- Develop accurate, data to support Clinical Knowledge Letters when appropriate.
- Provide current product cross reference information to customers
- Assist sales force with in-service and/or clinical assessments on an as needed basis
- Communicate sales leads to sales reps as obtained through incoming customer calls
- Provide clinical input into all phases of product development ensuring products are developed to meet the needs of clinicians and patients
- Represent the voice of the customer, clinician, patient or other users
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Detail oriented
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office(Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Good communication skills; both excellent verbal & written skills
- Ability to express self and product information in a concise, clear manner
- Ability to multi-task, plan, organize and prioritize work with timely completion of tasks
- Critical thinking and sound judgment demonstrated in decision making and problem solving
- Ability to understand and interpret information/data and ability to communicate data effectively to customers
- Registered Nurse, Nurse Practicioner or Pharmacist (or PharmD)
- Minimum 3 years of clinical/pharmacy experience
- Maintains a current nursing/pharmacy license
- Pharmaceutical industry experience a plus
- Pharmacy compounding experience a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.