B. Braun Medical Inc. Facilities Maintenance Mechanic in Allentown, Pennsylvania
B. Braun Medical Inc.
Requisition ID 2016-9107
Company B. Braun Medical Inc
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US - PA - Allentown
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Shift 8am - 5pm
Site Corporate/Sales/ B. Braun of Canada/ BIS/ CeGat
With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
Under general supervision, must be able to perform all daily maintenance duties. This position will require occasional overtime, including weekends & holidays, if needed. Job requires the ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Examples are descriptive and not restrictive in nature.
- Perform Daily work order request.
- HVAC repairs
- Electrical installation / repairs
- Plumbing installation / repairs
- Blueprint reading - schematic diagrams
- Painting \ spackling
- Basic Carpentry
- Snow removal - plowing / salting
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- The work requires considerable working knowledge of motorized equipment and
- Hand or power tools in order to perform duties.
- HVAC repair, balancing, trouble shooting etc. Understand refrigeration & air condition principles of operation. Must understand schematic diagrams to trouble shoot.
- Electrical - Commercial wiring, understand motor controls, sensors & electrical control devices. Must be able to use metering devices to troubleshoot & understand electrical wiring diagrams
- Knowledge of plumbing repair, water heaters, drains etc. Must have knowledge of tools and equipment to make proper repairs.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards, i.e. chemicals and safety precautions (lockout / Tagout) applicable to equipment PM & DM work.
- Knowledge of employee policies and procedures.
- Able to follow oral instructions and read written instructions.
- Ability to use hand tools and operate motorized equipment and vehicles such as cars, trucks with trailer etc.
Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Facilities Maintenance
- Must have valid Driver's License.
- High School Diploma \ Trade school \ HVAC Technician certifications
- Good communication and writing skills, English is required.
- Must be self motivated
- Must have personal knowledge of facility maintenance to support the team where needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
- Order materials to perform work.
- Maintain all tools and equipment in a good state of repair and cleanliness.
- Assist co-works as needed.
- Maintain PM & DM schedules to ensure maintenance is completed.
- Take responsibility for own work & follow through to completion
- Show commitment by developing own skills in other areas of facility maintenance.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Job may require lifting up to 80 Lbs, reaching, pulling, bending, and climbing.
- Job requires wearing protective clothing and personal protection equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job requires working in different types of weather conditions, heat, cold etc.
- Job may require working weekends or long days to complete a task.
- Protective clothing and personal safety equipment will be required that may cause some discomfort when in use.
- Job requires working in a team environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.