Grant Thornton LLP Product Analyst in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Performance Transformation service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. Our public sector team members find solutions that help government leaders with issues including acquisitions, financial management, human capital, information technology and performance management in federal, state, local and international governments.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Support the management of the organization’s products throughout their lifecycles – including, concept, design (pipeline report), implementation, sustainment and retirement. * Foster organizational accountability, visibility and uniformity in the way the organization’s 4,000 products are conceptualized, approved and tracked. * Engage directly with staff across the organization to guide them as they develop products following the PLM process (the organization’s business process for managing products). * Engage in daily stakeholder correspondence. * Develop and deliver educational materials to assist the organization in following the PLM process. * Capture and track product documentation using a SharePoint-based tool. * Facilitate the collection of product development updates and compile into bi-weekly report for distribution across the organization. * Plan and facilitate in-person and virtual governance board meetings, including votes involving organization’s Chiefs of Staff. * Maintain and implement the PLM process adoption plan to increase organizational compliance with an existing business process. * Engage regularly with internal staff on questions about the PLM process. * Analyze and report PLM metrics on a quarterly basis. * Ensure validity of monthly warehouse invoice by comparing it to the actual products shipped; provide summary email and final invoice to organization leadership. * Research and provide distribution history of products in warehouse as requested. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials. CLIENT AND PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The mission of the Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury (DCoE) is to improve the lives of our nation’s service members, families and veterans by advancing excellence in psychological health (PH) and traumatic brain injury (TBI) prevention and care. DCoE headquarters (HQ) and its three operational centers – DVBIC, DHCC and T2 are responsible for creating, evaluating, and integrating PH and TBI practices and policies across the Military Services.
The project supports the Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury (DCoE) with implementing a knowledge translation (KT) model. DCoE is implementing this model to promote the use of evidence-based practices and accelerate the adoption of research into clinical practice that will advance the care providers deliver to our nations’ service members and their families. The individual in this role will serve as an Action Officer to support the implementation of this model through strategic communications and change strategies.
TEAM DESCRIPTION: GT Lead working with staff from GT and two subcontractors.
WHY A TOP PERFORMER WOULD WANT THIS POSITION: * High visibility role that integrates and engages directly with leadership and staff across the organization. * Opportunity to independently manage business processes and tasks.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Solid background in project/people management.
- Solution-oriented and takes initiative.
- Proficiency with MS Office tools – PowerPoint, Word, Excel, SharePoint and Access.
- Task oriented and flexible, as the work stream continues to transition and grow.
- Prior experience in organizational change management and/or product management is ideal.
- Must have a CAC card or have previously held one.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector atwww.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Product Analyst
Requisition ID: 036198