Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Account Director in Alexandria, Virginia
This role is responsible for selling products or services to and maintaining/enhancing relationships with, a defined federal or Commercial vertical market. Maintains contact at a program executive level focusing on strategic nature of the relationship but also must be able to build relationship and effectively communicate at all levels. Most sales are made through Channel Partners, Solution Providers, and System Integrators. This role must effectively sell products and services using technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence customers, build trusting relationships and assist them in applying the products/services to their needs resulting in revenue generations. This is an advanced level position based on specialized knowledge in depth or breadth of products, customers and success in sales.
- Identify and qualify business opportunities within a defined Federal Vertical, enhancing the relationship: present to all levels of the organization including executive level and preparing formal proposals: lead negotiations, coordinate complex decision making process and overcoming objectives to closure. Ultimately, ensuring the federal customers know who KRATOS is and how we can provide value and solutions with our products and services.
- Develop and deliver sales presentation and close sales in a professional and effective manner. This includes but is not limited to, developing technical presentation & workshops; maintain up to date awareness of activities, industry trends & government regulations; making regular sales calls to develop relationships and follow up on leads: acting to close deals & finalize contacts; meeting/exceeding sales quotas and revenue goals. Effective communication of KRATOSs technical value and solution. Must understand organizations business needs and able to communicate KRATOSs value added solutions to those needs.
- Research customer needs and develop application of products and services in an effective manner. This may include but not limited to, determining federal market strategies & goals for each product and service; understanding the strategies, goals and objectives of your federal vertical; understanding federal acquisition strategy & build partnerships to accommodate the unique demands of federal acquisition regulations: research and develop lists of potential customers within an organization; follow up on leads and developing leads; maintain an understanding of industry trends and technical developments that effect target markets; working closely with sales support staff (Marketing, SE, Managers) to establish a communication path with the customer to ensure sales opportunities for products and services.
- Participate in sales forecasting and planning in an effective manner. This includes but not limited to, researching, developing & maintaining long & short range sales plans: ensures the CRM is utilized appropriately and maintained on a regular basis.
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers. This includes but not limited to, communicating openly, honestly & constructively: treating all employees and customers with dignity, respect and courtesy: taking responsibility for and making every effort to resolve communication, trust and respect concerns and problems.
Experience and Skills:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years direct work experience with internet software or systems.
- Succcessfully sold Enterprise Products to government agencies.
- Ability to prospect, qualify, present and close sales opportunities.
- Excellent written and oral communication ability including formal presentation skills to both small and large groups.
- Self motivated with a demonstrated passion to be successful.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Demonstrate knowledge of federal acquisitions & contracting process.
- Must have working knowledge of word, excel, outlook and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to understand and articulate complex technology in a simplistic fashion.
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving and negotiation with special emphasis on closing sales.
- Demonstrated capacity to keep abreast of new technology trends and how they would apply to real world projects.
- Must have or be able to obtain a secret level security clearance.
Job Tracking ID: KTTS-14-008
Location: Alexandria, VA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: June 09, 2015
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Years of Experience: More than 5 Years
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: ASAP