Integer Technical Sales/Account Director in Alden, New York
The primary purpose of this position is to obtain and manage new Contract Manufacturing business opportunities by providing technical and engineering support to targeted customers leveraging Integer’s processing capabilities and technical expertise. The Technical Account Director will engage with customers with sound technical consultation and will define, support, close, monitor, and report on new business opportunities and programs for components, assemblies, co-development and product transfers. The primary call points for this position are the R&D, Operations and Technical Sourcing personnel at our customers. Through their technical leadership, the incumbent will develop and grow the business relationship between our customers and Integer, increasing our revenue and profitability.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Adheres to Integer Core Value and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
New Opportunity Identification and Qualification
- Applies a broad knowledge of Integer's products, services and manufacturing capabilities to scope and develop large opportunities and close sales.
- Works with customers’ technical/engineering group to develop new products utilizing Integer’s capabilities and core competencies.
- Coordinates with the Integer Directors of Sales and Project Managers to translate customers’ requirements into actionable activities for Integer.
- Responsible for customer-facing activities related to execution of prototypes and pre-production builds.
- Provides input from customers to assist with cost estimating and project scheduling for development projects.
- Supports proposal activity for new business.
- Identifies cost reduction initiatives for customer’s and develop and win new business opportunities.
- Directly responsible for growing Integer Sales Pipeline and Revenue at targeted accounts.
Technical Sales Activities
- Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on projects, interacts with external technical teams on significant technical matters and opportunities, often requiring coordination between organizations. May serve as the organization spokesperson on advanced opportunities and/or programs.
Leads technical discussions and promotes Integer capabilities to new and existing customers using available tools such as technical fairs and forums.
Technical Account Director
Proactively identifies and scopes new business opportunities with active involvement in customers’ R&D, product development, and operations teams.
- Effectively works with Integer Technical Solutions and manufacturing facilities to identify, scope, and sell appropriate supply chain solutions to our customers.
Ensures project confidentiality and IP protection by executing Non-Disclosure Agreements with customers
Account Management Support
Works with the Global Account teams to develop account plans by understanding the full scope of customers’ business including executing corporate direction, identifying design and development opportunities, providing technical consultation, implementing strategic deals and revenue growth.
- Works directly with customers to identify and provide solutions to their supply chain management challenges, including development, design, and manufacturing requirements.
- Responsible for technical and NPD customer satisfaction.
- Communicates effectively across Integer all customer concerns and obtains additional assistance support when required.
Strategic Market Segment Development
- Actively pursues qualified leads identified through targeted marketing campaigns.
- Assists in identifying technology trends and market dynamics.
- Identifies capability gaps within market segments and helps to prioritize development of missing capabilities
- Actively participates in the development of the Integer Technology Plan
- Identifies potential competitive threats with the markets segments.
- Supports marketing efforts, as required, for example supporting trade shows
- Performs other duties as required.
Education & Experience:
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in a technical/Engineering field. MBA preferred. Minimum Experience: 5-7 years’ experience in a technical environment with a minimum 5 years related to component or assembly in the medical device industry. Experience in Medical Device Industry required. Experience selling to technical contacts at Medical Device Manufacturers preferred.
Knowledge & Skills:
Special Skills: Ability to partner with cross-functional organizations to successfully drive the business. Proficient computer skills, Outlook, Excel, Project, Word & PowerPoint. CAD & Design programs a plus.
Specialized Knowledge: Previous Product and/or Clinical experience in CRM/Neuro Markets preferred. Knowledgeable about the highly regulated nature of the business and is comfortable operating within such an environment. Manufacturing experience preferred. Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate issues and potential resolutions in a timely manner to customers and internal stakeholders. Ability to respond to changing priorities with minimum disruption. Ability to provide technical leadership in discussions, conference calls and meetings with customers and staff as related to the job responsibilities. Ability to read, understand, and interpret technical drawings, models, and schematics
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Alden,NY
- Job Type: Sales, Management
- Experience: At least 5 year(s)
- Date Posted: 7/19/2017