Catholic Community Services of Southern Arizona, I Support Service Provider I / Case Worker I in Albuquerque, New Mexico
As a condition of employment, all CCS employees are required to qualify for an Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
Serves as the eyes and ears of individuals who are deafblind or deaf-plus by providing supports that enhance independence. Relays visual and environmental information and as well as provides sighted guide support and transportation to and from events. Transports individuals who are deafblind or deaf-plus using agency and/or rental vehicles. Position may from time to time be stressful and require a high demand of performance. May perform other duties as assigned.**
- Facilitates environmental and visual communication access between clients who are deafblind or deaf-plus and the community.
- Provides mobility/travel, communication, and other supports to clients conducting errands, participating in community events, and other client directed activities.
- Provides text access/translation by reading clients’ mail (correspondence and bills) and signs in the environment as well as assist clients in completing forms.
- Assist clients in telephonic communications, provides assessment and training as necessary and requested.
- Supports the independence of individuals who are deafblind or deaf-plus in the community by relaying information about the environment and providing communication access at all times.
- Ensures completion of all required agency paperwork, forms, and reports, as required or assigned.
- Keeps appropriate Program staffinformed of changes and important information in the lives of clients served.
- Completes all required trainings and participates in required meetings.
- Provides transportation for clients who are deafblind or deaf-plus to/from their home into the community using agency and/or agency rented vehicles
- Ensures passenger safety and practice safe driving while operating the vehicle
- Ensures Agency vehicle meets accepted operational standards
- Performs pre-operation and post-operation checks
- Ensures operational logs are accurately maintained
- Notifies Agency personnel in writing when vehicle components give indication of failure
- Maintains the interior/exterior of the vehicle as required or scheduled
- This is a safety-sensitive position
- May drive agency, agency rented, and or personal vehicle on company business
- May perform other duties as assigned
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
- Experience working with individuals who are deafblind or deaf-plus
- High School / GED
- Proven ability to lift 35 lbs 15% of the time
- At least 18 years of age
- Basic computer and typing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with consumer
- Ability to travel independently
- Pass drug screening
- Pass FBI Fingerprint Criminal History Summary
- Valid New Mexico Driver License, proof of insurance, and Motor Vehicle Division Motor Vehicle Report for New Mexico
- Additional years of experience working with individuals who are deafblind or deaf-plus
- Familiar with the use of assistive technology (AT), assistive listening and/or other technologies to support individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, deafblind, blind, or low vision
- Experience working with individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, deafblind, blind, or low vision
- Knowledge of uncontracted Braille
- Ability to communicate in American Sign Language (ASL)
- Ability to us the communication systems preferred by individuals who are deafblind (e.g., ASL, Signed English, Spoken English, writing, large print, and/or Braille)
- Ability to communicate in Signed English
- Ability to communicate in Tactile ASL
- First Aid and CPR certification
Location: Community Outreach Program for the Deaf - Albuquerque
Status: Non-Exempt – On-Call
Salary: $10.00 per hour
Open: Dec 19, 2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled