Technical and Project Engineering LLC (TAPE) Computer Scientist in Aberdeen, Maryland
This position envisions product development and manages projects through completion. This includes analyzes, designs and develops software enhancements and new modules. Manage development project from initial design through testing while providing strategic management direction.
- Design and develop a parallel and scalable code coupling framework using python for the modeling of hierarchical materials.
- Integrated the physics based codes and material models into the framework and performed performance and scalability studies.
- Perform parallel capability test of the parallel and scalable code coupling frameworks
- Perform requirements gathering and developing of python scripts for post-processing Gaussian output data.
- Ability to research, communicate and write papers for journals.
- Provide onsite management for local team members and monthly reporting to the customers
- Applications: ParaView, VisIt, IBM General Parallel File System (GPFS), Altair PBS Pro, SLURM, Microsoft Office, Photoshop, CATIA V4 & V5, ENOVIA LCA, Pro Engineer, Novell, Sybase, DOORS, CVS and Subversion, Git, Totalview
Secret Clearance required
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, or operate business equipment and keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms; the employee must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds—such as their assigned laptop computer and carrying case. Vision requirements include close up vision, depth perception, color acuity, ability to adjust focus, and adaptability to computer screen illumination.
All employees are responsible for their own safety, as well as that of others in the workplace. To help us maintain a safe workplace, everyone must be safety-conscious at all times. This position is performed in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Safe use of TAPE equipment, as well as safe practices while on TAPE property, is essential.
TAPE will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
TAPE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmation Action Employer.
Location: Aberdeen, MD
# of Openings: 1